Thursday 12 May 2016

Miguel silva


Miguel Silva

What I'm seeing in these images that I have taken inspiration from, looks like a futuristic looking rural house, seeing images of the model grey work before texturing, after texturing, and then with added detail like foliage to add to the crisp blue sky with clouds really brings out the detail and atmosphere. The immense detail done on the outside, it really makes you think of what the inside of this beautifully created house and how realistic it would look.

Judging by these pictures, the highly experience artist has used all the features possibly and needed within the program Autodesk Maya, but maybe switched to Photoshop to design where the foliage would look better, like the bushes at the bottom of the stairs either side of the walkway, and designing only one tree for outside.

The techniques Miguel used would have been all within Maya, like switching between materials on the objects he makes, like giving the object a shiny look or a matte look, and giving the windows a shiny reflective look to give the effect.

It doesn't look like is really anything happening in this piece apart from a building doing its job and making the scenery look nice, the artist wants the viewer to look at what he ha created, having the background detail in brings out the life in his piece, maybe because he wants to show off the amount of detail he has done and the skill he has to inspire other people.

I like the unusual shape of this house as it is very appealing to me and makes me want to create something like this in the future when my skills have risen. 

This relates to my project as mine  is about buildings and unusual because the future hasn't been written yet, so I'm writing my own future by creating such buildings that I have designed myself on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment