Thursday 12 May 2016

Steve Bell

Steve Bell

What I'm seeing here is some sort of generator or cycle cooling source, this piece looks realistic with the fins on the side and pipes on the side, looks like this item would be placed in a Sci-Fi futuristic area, I will be honestly this doesn't like it has been modelled with serious high detail in mind, and hasn't been textured, but with some more work it will look great.

The materials he has used to create this would have been Maya, and as I can see from this still picture the lighting effect looks good, and the floor is textured nicely without seams, the floor texture may have been created in Adobe Photoshop.
This artist has used techniques like modelling, texturing, but I am unsure whether he has UV’ed the model as it hasn’t been textured, but the techniques like adjusting the lights for the shadow effect has definitely brought it to life to a certain extent.

The main elements used in this would be form and light, as it is a model without texture, texture can’t be one of them, the form of the object is nice, and the light puts it in the spot light, which has affected it nicely, but could do with more work and looks unfinished.

There isn’t a lot happening as it hasn’t been put into an environment, its just a single piece, the artist wants the viewer to focus on just his work as there really isn’t anything else to focus on.

The only thing I like about this piece, is its very cool looking.


This relates to my projects because I have designed some building for my floating city and they look quick Sci-Fi looking, like my main entrance door on my power source building.

No comments:

Post a Comment